Search Engine Optimization is the most crucial thing if you want your website to rank in search engines such as Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc. results. A website without proper SEO is like a house without a correct road map.
No one would be able to find your website if your website does not rank in the search engine results. Hence, SEO is the primary factor for a website to be seen and rank in the search engine results.
But the major question arises, how to perform SEO of your website and rank higher in search engine results?
The plugins have made the life of WordPress users quite easy. There are plugins available for almost everything.
Even the SEO things have become quite comfortable with the help of plugins. There are different SEO plugins available on the internet.[wps_toc style=”default” title=”Table of Contents” heading_levels=”2,3″ show_heirarchy=”no” bullet_spacing=”no” ordered_list=”no”]
But are they useful?
Not every plugin is useful as they claim to be. Here is the list of some most common SEO plugins which are helpful to improve SEO ranking and index your website and its content in Google and other search engines.
Well, if your website is made on WordPress, and you are looking for the Best WordPress plugin, which will help you perform the SEO of your website.
With these WordPress SEO plugins, you can perform on-page SEO of your website and improve the ranking in search engine results.
But which WordPress SEO plugins to use? There are so many SEO plugins available online which claim to be the best SEO plugin.
In this article, we have discussed the best SEO plugins for WordPress, which you can use on your WordPress website and get a higher ranking in Google and other search engine results.
1. Yoast SEO
Yoast is undoubtedly the most popular SEO plugin, which is being used by millions of people on their website. The plugins, as of now, have 5 million + active installs as per WordPress stats.
Yoast SEO plugin was developed back in 2008 to help website owners perform on-page SEO and rank their content in search engine results.
The plugin provides you a great toolset that helps your website climb heights in search engine results.
The plugin allows you to create a full-site XML sitemap, full website breadcrumbs, and allows you to add title and meta descriptions on different pages along with the snippet preview.
With the content analysis feature of the Yoast plugin, you can create user-friendly content, which will help you keep your visitors engaged on the website, improving the website ranking.
Some other features of this plugin are an internal linking suggestion, custom meta-description, etc.
The basic functionality of the plugin is free. You can download it from the WordPress repository and use it on your website.
However, the premium version of the plugin allows you to add multiple focus keywords. It comes with dedicated support from the developers in case you face any issue using the plugin.
Features of Yoast SEO:
- Option to set a focus keyword for the article
- XML Sitemap generation
- Custom title and meta description
- Snipped search engine and social media preview
- Canonical URLs to avoid duplicate content
- Content and SEO analysis
- Option to edit Robots.txt file
- Option to edit .htaccess file
- Redirection manager
2. All in One SEO Pack
All in One SEO Pack is one of the best SEO plugins for WordPress, which was introduced way back in 2007. The plugin, as of now, has 2 million + active installs as per WordPress.org stats.
The plugin can be a great choice for beginners who are new into blogging and SEO field as the default settings of the plugin is enough.
Once the user gets used to the plugin, they can play with the advanced settings and customize the plugin as per their requirements.
All in One SEO Pack comes with all the essential features which are helpful from beginners to the advanced users in performing SEO of their WordPress website.
The plugin will automatically optimize the title of your blog posts as per the search engine criteria to help your website rank better.
It also gives you the option to write a custom meta description and set meta keywords as per your desire.
You can download the basic version of the plugin from the WordPress repository and use it on your website. The basic version of the plugin comes with all the essential features you will need to perform SEO on your website.
However, you can also opt-in for the premium version of the All in One SEO Pack plugin if you want extended features and dedicated support from the plugin authors.
Features of All in One SEO Pack:
- Automatically generate XML Sitemap and submits to Google and Bing to boost your SEO
- Also, creates XML sitemaps of images and sends to the search engine
- Supports Google AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages)
- It Supports and easily integrates with Google Analytics
- Supports Custom Post Types
- Option to create advanced Canonical URLs
- Notifies the changes in site to search engines like Google and Bing
- Built-in API to help you access and extend the functionality
- Helps you automatically optimize the titles for Google and various other search engines
- Automatically generates meta tags
3. SmartCrawl SEO
SmartCrawl SEO is yet another SEO plugin that helps you optimize your site and contents for better ranking and index in Google and other search engine results.
This plugin helps you to boost your PageRank and Doman Authority in Google with one-click setup, automatic sitemap submission, better social sharing, and content analyzer.
It is a great plugin that helps you create precisely, targeted, and bold content to rank on the top of the first page of search engines.
Features of SmartCrawl SEO tools:
- Easy One-Click Setup option–
- Analyzes entire website and activates settings to boost your ranking in search engine
- Option to customize Titles & Meta Descriptions
- Leverage Social Media – SmartCrawl SEO/Open Graph integration connects your social accounts and credits you when someone shares your posts.
- Excellent Page Analyzer that scans pages and posts for a readability score
- Checks the keyword density and gives suggestions to optimize the content
- Performs SEO Audit & Crawl whenever you post new content to the website
- Gives you an option to set up 301 Redirect redirect traffic from one URL to another
- Quick and easy Setup Import/Export
SmartCrawl is an excellent plugin that helps you increase traffic and boost your website reach.
4. SEO Ultimate
SEO Ultimate is another WordPress SEO plugin which is available for free to download from the WordPress repository.
As the name suggests, it is an ultimate guide to SEO and performs the complete on-page optimization along with different website ranking features.
It is a quite popular free SEO plugin with more than 200,000+ active installs and increasing every day. It is among the top WordPress SEO plugins, which are gaining popularity every other day.
The plugin is free to download and use from the WordPress repository, but the support does not come included with this plugin.
You can purchase the premium version of this plugin, which comes with dedicated and priority support, and helps you solve any issues related to the plugin.
Features of SEO Ultimate:
- Option to rewrite the title tag to optimizes On-Page SEO and to rank high in the search results.
- Possibility to edit Meta Description to add a custom Meta Description to the posts, pages, categories, tags, and even the homepage.
- Option to optimize the Meta description for the optimal keywords and achieve a higher rank higher in Google and other search engines.
- Internal link suggestions to keep visitors engaged on your website. The internal links on posts and pages are useful for maintaining visitors for a more extended period and improve site performance.
- Monitors 404 error to enhance the experience of users and spiders visiting your site by using redirection on “page not found” errors.
5. RankMath by MyThemeShop
RankMath is the latest WordPress SEO plugins that are created by the developers of MyThemeShop, a world-class WordPress theme development company.
The main motto behind creating this awesome SEO plugin was to provide all the SEO features inside a single plugin for free.
Yes, you read it right, the plugin is free and does not have any hidden cost. The developers have promised that all the core functionality of the plugin will be free for a lifetime.
The plugin offers advanced SEO optimization along with 5 focus keyword optimization of every page or post.
The plugin also helps to generate rich snippets and XML sitemaps of your entire website. It is fully compatible with Google AMP and keeps an eye on error 404.
You can even manage your URL redirection with this plugin itself. It is a single plugin with which you can perform both Local SEO and Advanced WooCommerce SEO without installing any add-ons.
Features of RankMath:
- Site-wide SEO analysis
- Keyword suggestion for the website
- Built-in Google schema snippets for 14 different data types
- Focus keyword for content and pages
- Internal linking of contents
- XML sitemap generation
6. The SEO Framework
The SEO Framework is a complete SEO solution for your WordPress website. It is a fully automated WordPress SEO plugin that can be helpful to rank your website high in search engine results.
The SEO Framework is a highly reliable, fully tested, ads-free, and a fully automated WordPress SEO plugin. The plugin has a built-in AI which optimizes all your pages and saves your time.
This plugin features an automated title output options which help you optimize your website titles and descriptions.
Furthermore, it also has Schema.org output option along with multiple homepage specific options to help you perform better On-page SEO of your website.
Also, you can integrate popular search engines such as Google, Bing, Pinterest, and Yandex with this plugin. You can drop off your worries related to SEO using The SEO Framework WordPress plugin for your website.
Features of The SEO Framework:
- Optimize post title & description
- Social media settings
- Allows you to control links (no-follow, no-index, canonical, etc.)
- Schema markups like breadcrumbs
- Automatically generates an XML sitemap
- Set focus keyword for contents
- Structured data for articles
SEOPress is one of the best SEO plugins for WordPress and comes with a great list of features to help you optimize the SEO of your personal or business website with ease.
You can boost the organic traffic, and even increase the social media sharing of your website content with this plugin.
This plugin allows you to create custom HTML, and XML sitemaps, optimized breadcrumbs for better navigation, and even allows you to add schemas. You can also manage redirections 301 of your website links with this plugin.
SEOPress has over 40000 active installs as per WordPress’s current stats. The plugin is free, and you can download and install it from the WordPress repository.
The best thing about this plugin is that even the free version of this plugin does not show any annoying ads like other SEO plugins. Furthermore, it is quite easy to set up and does not require much technical knowledge.
Features of SEOPress SEO plugin:
- Allows to optimize title
- Allows to add custom meta descriptions
- Can view Google Knowledge Graph
- Allows to integrate Google Analytics and check your visitor’s stats
- Twitter Card
- Canonical URL
- Allows you to build custom HTML & XML Sitemap for better indexing
- Allows you to redirect post, pages, or custom post types
- Better content analysis
Redirection is a must-have plugin if you are using the free version of the Yoast SEO plugin. This plugin helps you to manage the link redirection, which is available in the premium version of Yoast SEO.
You can easily manage 301 redirects using this plugin. Also, this plugin helps you to keep track of error 404 and even enables you to decrease the overall errors of your website, which can hamper in the ranking.
This redirection plugin helps you set up the redirects of previous links whenever you change the links of a post or page on your website.
Features of Redirection WordPress plugin:
- Keep an eye on 404 errors of your website
- Manage 301 redirection
- Decrease errors on your website
- Nginx and Apache support
- Import and export option
9. All in One Schema.org Rich Snippets
As the name suggests, this plugin helps you display rich snippets of your website post/page on Google search results.
If you are confused about what is rich snippets, they are a summary of your website content on the Google search results page.
The rich snippets display the rating of a product, reviews, star ratings, and many more. Rich snippets help in increasing the click-through rate of your website by adding elements like price, photos, star ratings, reviews, etc. in the search results page.
All in One Schema.org, rich snippets plugin has over 70,000 active installs as per the WordPress.org stats. The plugin is regularly updated to help users perform better SEO of their website.
Features of All In One Schema.org Rich Snippets:
- Supports all content types released by Schema.org
- Supports Facebook shared link with proper formatting
- Helps to increase the Click Through Rate
10. WP Meta SEO
WP Meta SEO is a WordPress SEO plugin that allows you to perform bulk edit of your website meta, SEO link title, image file name, and meta and many more.
This plugin also helps you to generate breadcrumbs, and check 404 errors occurring on your website.
Also, you can have an eye on the broken links of your website. This plugin is fully compatible with the Gutenberg editor.
Some of the outstanding features of the WP Meta SEO plugin are keyword suggestions in Google Search Console, SEO report by email, sitemaps of custom post types, and many more.
Features of WP Meta SEO:
- Allows bulk editing of metadata of pages, posts, images, custom post types, image information, and many more.
- Keeps an eye on 404 error redirect
- Keep an eye on the broken link of the website
- Generates XML & HTML sitemaps
- Generates and creates a breadcrumb
11. W3 Total Cache
W3 Total Cache is a free WordPress SEO plugin to optimize your website performance. This plugin acts as an accelerator for your website and helps you optimize the overall loading time of your website.
Are you confused, how a simple WordPress plugin can optimize the website performance! Well, this plugin magically decreases the server and database requests to fetch the data for loading your website.
It caches the data on the device and server and fetches only the required data whenever someone tries to access your website.
Features of W3 Total Cache:
- Google AMP Support
- CDN Management
- Cache pages and posts for faster loading of website
- Minification of posts and pages for faster loading
- Caching statistics
12. Smush Image Compression and Optimization
A fast website always ranks high in the search engine results as it provides great user experience to the visitors and engages visitors in a better way. One of the best ways to make your website faster is by optimizing the uploaded images.
You can optimize your website images in different ways, but the best way is to do it is by using a plugin called Smush Image Compression and Optimization.
There are many plugins available in the WordPress repository, but Smush.it is the best one. This plugin quickly helps you compress, resize, and optimize your website images.
The plugin features lossless compression techniques that help you optimize your website images while uploading or after you upload them. The plugin also allows you to bulk compress your images.
It is a free WordPress plugin, and you can download it from WordPress.org and optimize the pictures of your website. It will improve website speed and boost your rankings.
Features of Smush:
- Optimizes all types of images such as JPEG, PNG, GIF, etc.
- Optimizes images of all directories
- Allows you to set maximum height and width for the images
- Bulk image compression
13. Broken Link Checker
Broken Link Checker is a free WordPress plugin that helps you to checks for broken links on your website or blog.
The plugin notifies you as soon as it finds any broken link on your website.
This plugin starts analyzing your website URLs as soon as you install and activate it. It checks every link of your website and shows the broken links whichever it detects.
It gives the complete list of broken links in its dashboard and provides you with an option to edit or modify the broken link. You can edit the link with the “Edit URL” feature.
You can also completely remove the broken link with the Unlink feature of this tool. This is an excellent plugin for the WordPress website to keep an eye on the broken link and improve website performance.
Features of Broken Link Checker
- It allows you to check the links on your website pages, posts, comments, as well as custom fields.
- It not only detects broken links, but it also detects redirects, missing images, and links that are not working.
- Option to set up email or dashboard notification upon detection of broken links.
- You can edit broken links directly from the plugin’s page, without physically updating every post.
- Options to make the broken images to be seen differently in posts.
- It prevents search engines from following and indexing broken links.
- It lets you search and filter links using anchor text or URL.
- The plugin can easily be configured.
Which is the Best SEO WordPress Plugins for WordPress?
It’s for sure that you won’t install multiple plugins at the same time on your website. So, how do you choose the best SEO plugin for your WordPress website?
Well, every SEO plugin does the same job and has got similar features. I recommend you to go in detail about the features of every SEO plugins for WordPress before you finalize one for your website.